ion Hair Color’s superior quality, proprietary blends are formulated in Italy by our expert team of chemists to deliver unparalleled results. ion's unique system combines the finest quality natural and exotic ingredients with powerful high-tech compounds to achieve exquisite, brilliant color with superior gray coverage. ion Hair Color science relies on the power of micro-pigmentation— ion's microscopic pigment molecules oxidize slower, allowing them to penetrate deep into the cortex of each hair strand for long-lasting, fade-resistant color.
These formulas are PPD-free and enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, Argan Oil, Pequi Oil, and botanicals to nourish and strengthen hair from within. Not to mention, ion Hair Color is gentle on hair, containing up to 38% less ammonia than the leading professional brands on the market. Unlock your hair’s true potential with Ion’s cutting-edge, salon-quality color science and bring home vibrancy like never before.
1:2 (1 ounce of color to two ounces of developer) High Lift shades (HL-N/V/G/B)
1:1 (1 ounce of color to one ounce of developer)
Processing times for root touch ups:
25-45 minutes based on the texture and porosity of your hair.
Fine hair (25-30 minutes)
Average hair (35-40 minutes)
Coarse or resistant gray hair (40-45 minutes)
Refreshing the mid-lengths to ends (5-15 minutes)
Tips and Tricks
Crème hair color is best mixed in a tint bowl and applied with an a tint brush. A root to tip color application is not recommended. Always test strand first to ensure desired results!
For superior gray coverage a 20 volume developer is recommended.
If you touch up your roots every 4-6 weeks and would like to change colors you would still only retouch the roots and refresh the ends later in the processing time.
Remember, tint does not lift tint! When wanting to go lighter in shade selection you must remove the previous color first in order to go lighter! If wanting to stay the same shade level or going darker, color removal is not necessary in most scenarios.
1:1 mixing ratio. Two ounces of color to two ounces of 10, 20, 30 or 40 Volume ion Sensitive Scalp Creme Developer. High Lift Blonde series is mixed 1:2 ratio: Two ounces of color to 4 ounces of 30 or 40 Volume Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer. Bowl and brush application is recommended. Always read the product packaging and inserts for complete directions, instructions, and warnings, and make sure to perform both the strand test and the patch test before applying your color.
If have never colored your hair and you want to change your current hair color or you have not colored in 3 months or longer follow these steps:
Apply hair color mixture to dry, unwashed hair
• Work gently through hair as you would a shampoo. Loosely pile hair on top of head
• Process according to manufacturer’s directions. When processing time is complete, add a small amount of warm water to hair and work into lather
• Rinse until the water runs clear.
If you color your hair every 4-6 weeks with a shade of similar tone and level follow these steps:
Make 1/4” partings throughout dry, unwashed hair
• Apply mixture onto new growth area only, working from the front to the back of your head. Leave color on new growth area for 25 minutes. When processing time is complete, add a small amount of warm water to hair and work into lather
• Rinse until the water runs clear.
Other tips: Always perform a strand and patch test
• It is often not necessary to refresh the ends of the hair on every permanent hair color touch-up application
• For resistant gray, use 20 Volume ion Sensitive Scalp® Creme Developer and apply to gray area first
• Apply a stain barrier cream around the hairline prior to application when using dark shades
• Choose a lighter shade than desired if you are unsure of which shade to use or if you have very few gray hairs
• Use an old towel to protect your clothing